Robot Band Covers on YouTube
YouTube user BD594 has become the latest internet sensation, at least in the geeky world of music technology, by programming various robotic devices to do cover versions of well known hits. Describing his work as “experments in music, electronics, robotics and high voltage circuits combined”, BD594 hails from Canada, and has raked in 3 million hits on his latest video after only one week.
Here are the “band members”:
- HP Scanjet 3C as the vocals.
- Amiga 600 Bass on left audio output and Guitar on right audio output
- Each audio channel was feed into an oscilloscope
- 2 Harddrives as the drums and cymbal
- Xylophone as the Xylophone (duh) my apologies glockenspiel
- Both the Harddrive and Xylophone are controlled by one PIC16F84A mircocontroller
BD594s Robot Cover Band has previously covered Maroon 5 and Queen.